Ultisil XB Series HPLC Columns are based on ultra-pure ( purity > 99.999% ) spherical and totally porous silica, unique bonding chemistry and proprietary surface modification techniques, producing excellent peak shape, column efficiency and exceptional lot-to-lot reproducibility. Ultisil column is the best choice for method development, owing to complete bonding chemistries and stable performance.
- Ultra-pure spherical porous silica, purity > 99.999%
- Wide pH range: 1.5-10
- High efficiency: theoretical plate > 80000/m
- Excellent peak symmetry: tailing factor=0.95~1.05
- Exceptional lot-to-lot reproducibility
|Columns||USP||pH range||Carbon Loading(%)||Surface Area(m2/g)||Endcapped||Max. Temp.(°C)|
|Ultisil XB-C18||L1||1.5-10.0||17(120Å), 8(300Å)||320(120Å), 90(300Å)||Yes||60(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
|Ultisil XB-C8||L7||1.5-10.0||12%(120Å), 4%(300Å)||320(120Å), 90(300Å)||Yes||60(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
|Ultisil XB-Phenyl||L11||1.5-10.0||12%(120Å), 4%(300Å)||320(120Å), 90(300Å)||Yes||60(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
|Ultisil XB-C4||L26||1.5-10.0||8%(120Å), 3%(300Å)||320(120Å), 90(300Å)||Yes||60(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
|Ultisil XB-C1||L13||1.5-10.0||4%(120Å)||320(120Å)||Yes||60(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
|Ultisil XB-CN||L10||1.5-9.0||7%(120Å)||320(120Å)||Yes||60(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
FeaturesTrace Amount Metal Contents Test
A useful chromatographic test of trace amount of metal contents in the column is to compare the peak symmetry of one pair of positional isomers, 4,4’-dipyridyl and 2,2’-dipyridyl, and a neutral chelating reagent, 1,2-dihydroxylnaphthalene. 4,4’-dipyridyl, which cannot form chelating complex with metal, is used as a reference. 2,2’-dipyridyl and 1,2-dihydroxylnaphthalene, which are chelating reagents, are sensitive to trace amount metal in silica. When a C18 column based on type A silica or other so-called type B silica with higher metal content is used, the peaks of 2,2’-dipyridyl and 1,2-dihydroxylnaphthalene would tail or even totally disappear.
Separation of Basic Compounds Antidepressant at pH 7.0
Comparison of Peak Shape between Batch to Batch
Capacity Factor(K’) of Batch to Batch Reproducibility
Welch Materials is a multinational company that develops and manufactures chromatography consumables including HPLC column, Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) column, GC column, Prep column, Flash column and packing materials.
Our initial strength was our extensive experience on particle surface modification science and techniques. We are experts on bonding
chemistry and innovative packing materials for chromatography applications. Through the optimal utilization of our resources, we have developed many innovative LC and GC consumable products, in particular, our six series HPLC columns, Ultisil®, Welchrom®, Xtimate®, Topsil®, Boltimate® and Blossmate®.
- The Essentials of Recycling Rates
- New Product: Launches the Era of Diamond DLC Chromatography Columns
- Unveiling the Comprehensive Application of Derivative Techniques in Liquid Chromatography Analysis
- Choosing Chiral Separation Mode: Normal Phase or Reverse Phase?
- Solutions for Stucking and Leaking: Introducing the New Stainless Steel Connector
- Special Column for Synthetic Food Colorants – Restoring Food to its Original Appearance
- Selecting the Right Mechanical Validation Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide
- Exploring Key Aspects of Dissolution Analysis Method Validation
- New UHPLC C18 Bonded Phase: The Preferred Choice for Routine Separation of Non-Retained or Strongly Retained Compounds
- Overcoming Challenges in SPE Experiments: Your Missing Piece for Success!
- Welch Materials 20th Anniversary Celebration | Awarding Trophies to Long-Term Customers of Over 15 Years of Cooperation
- Why does solid-phase extraction technology have tremendous potential?