Ultisil XB Normal Phase columns are based on ultra-pure ( purity > 99.999% ) type B spherical and totally porous silica. Bare silica, Diol, and NH2 (Amine) are used for normal phase separations; with Diol and NH2 often able to deliver more stable results. Diol and NH2 have the added benefit of reduced sensitivity to the presence of water. Diol and NH2 can also be used in reversed-phase.
Ultisil SiO2 column uses ultra-high purity type B silica particles with no metal contents. SiO2 column can separate strong hydrophilic compounds in high concentration organic solvent in reversed phase. Good result can be obtained for the analysis of polar compounds which are prone to peak tailing in reversed phase.
Ultisil Diol Column is based on ultra-pure porous spherical silica bonded with 1,2-dihydroxypropyl functional group silica. Ultisil Diol is used in normal phase mostly, suitable for separation of peptides, proteins, polar molecules, and organic acids and its polymers. Ultisil Diol column is more stable than traditional normal phase columns, such as NH2, SiO2. Ultisil Diol column can also be used in reversed phase analysis.
Ultisil XB-NH2 column is based on propyl-amino silane, mostly used in normal phase, but can also be used in reversed phase. When used in normal phase, the retention mode is weak anion-exchange, while in reversed-phase, it can be used for separation of polar compounds. It is suitable for applications in aggressive normal phase mode with aqueous eluent.
|Columns||USP||pH range||Carbon Loading(%)||Surface Area(m2/g)||Endcapped||Max. Temp.(°C)|
|Ultisil SiO2||L3||2.0-8.0||N/A||320(120Å), 90(300Å)||No||70(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
|Ultisil Diol||L20||2.0-8.0||2.5%(120Å)||320(120Å)||No||70(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
|Ultisil XB-NH2||L8||2.0-8.0||4%(120Å)||320(120Å)||No||70(pH≤6.5), 40(pH>6.5)|
Analysis of VD2
|Column||Ultisil SiO2, 4.6×250mm, 5μm|
|Mobile Phase:||Hexane / isopropanol＝997/3|
|Samples||1) Facade VD2|
2) Internal Standard
|Column||Ultisil Diol, 4.6×250 mm, 5μm|
|Mobile Phase:||N-hexane/ butyl chloride/ acetonitrile=7/2/1|
|Flow rate||1.7 mL/min|
|Column||Ultisil XB-NH2, 4.6×250 mm, 5μm|
|Mobile Phase:||Phosphate buffer*/acetonitrile=28/72|
*Dissolve 600 mg of s KH2PO4 and 279mg of ADSP in 100mL water, add water to make 1000mL
Welch Materials is a multinational company that develops and manufactures chromatography consumables including HPLC column, Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) column, GC column, Prep column, Flash column and packing materials.
Our initial strength was our extensive experience on particle surface modification science and techniques. We are experts on bonding
chemistry and innovative packing materials for chromatography applications. Through the optimal utilization of our resources, we have developed many innovative LC and GC consumable products, in particular, our six series HPLC columns, Ultisil®, Welchrom®, Xtimate®, Topsil®, Boltimate® and Blossmate®.
- 6 Easy Steps to Pump Maintenance – No More Waiting for Engineers Online
- What Happens to Ionic Compounds Inside a Chromatographic Column
- The Essentials of Recycling Rates
- New Product: Launches the Era of Diamond DLC Chromatography Columns
- Unveiling the Comprehensive Application of Derivative Techniques in Liquid Chromatography Analysis
- Choosing Chiral Separation Mode: Normal Phase or Reverse Phase?
- Solutions for Stucking and Leaking: Introducing the New Stainless Steel Connector
- Special Column for Synthetic Food Colorants – Restoring Food to its Original Appearance
- Selecting the Right Mechanical Validation Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide
- Exploring Key Aspects of Dissolution Analysis Method Validation
- New UHPLC C18 Bonded Phase: The Preferred Choice for Routine Separation of Non-Retained or Strongly Retained Compounds
- Overcoming Challenges in SPE Experiments: Your Missing Piece for Success!