Sample pre-processing is an exceedingly time-consuming, intricate process prone to introducing errors in analytical determinations. The methods employed for sample pre-processing play a pivotal role in the analysis of the sample, to a crucial extent, determining the outcomes of analytical tests.
The general workflow of Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) encompasses activation, sample loading, washing, and elution. Each step in this process significantly influences the final results.
Please refer to our previous articles for more detailed information on this topic:
We are aware that the flow rates during the rinsing and elution steps of SPE experiments are crucial, as they directly impact the recovery rate of the target compounds. The flow rate should neither be too fast nor too slow. In general, a flow rate of 2-3 seconds/drop is suitable for most SPE experiments. If the liquid flows naturally due to gravity, the flow rate becomes uncontrollable. When utilizing traditional solid-phase extraction devices, controlling the flow rate indirectly through relatively constant pressure or vacuum levels can address most flow rate issues. However, a superior approach is the “constant flow technique,” which employs a completely different mechanical structure and design principle to directly and accurately control both flow rate and time.
HT4000E SPE-LC Sample Processing Workstation is precisely built upon this constant flow technique, offering a dependable and consistent flow rate. Utilizing precise mechanical architecture and high-precision injectors, it directly controls the flow rate with accuracy, ensuring stable loading and elution rates. This approach provides better experimental result reproducibility compared to constant pressure techniques.
HTA SPE-LC Sample Processing Workstation
Currently in the “Sample Loading” phase
HT4000E SPE-LC Sample Processing Workstation employs glass syringes and enables automated sample loading and elution, eliminating the need for tools like pipettes or droppers. This significant reduction in such contamination is achieved.
From “labor-intensive” to “labor-saving.”
HTA SPE-LC Sample Processing Workstation allows for the attachment of solvent bottles on the side, enabling seamless switching between various solvents. With the HTAPrep software, different sequences can be flexibly configured within the workstation, enabling automated execution of SPE experiments and achieving unmanned operation to enhance laboratory efficiency.
In contrast to traditional SPE operating modes, the constant flow technique of the HTA SPE-LC Sample Processing Workstation, coupled with fully automated software, empowers a wide range of SPE applications. This ensures your SPE experiments proceed smoothly, leading to more accurate results!
HT4000E SPE-LC Sample Processing Workstation
Dimensions: 31 x 63 x 69 cm
HT4000E SPE-LC Sample Processing Workstation is built upon this constant flow technique, offering a dependable and consistent flow rate. Utilizing precise mechanical architecture and high-precision injectors, it directly controls the flow rate with accuracy, ensuring stable loading and elution rates. In comparison to constant pressure techniques, this approach provides better experimental result reproducibility.
Finally, let me introduce you to this capable assistant for your SPE experiments, which also boasts the following additional features:
- Compact Size: Its small footprint provides greater flexibility for arranging and optimizing your laboratory space.
- Injection Valve: Equipped with an injection valve, it facilitates both online and offline SPE, making it an excellent companion for SPE-LC (MS) analyses.
- Constant Flow Technology: Wash and elution processes are conducted at a constant flow rate (without the need for vacuum or gas pressure), ensuring consistent elution times for all analytical samples.
- Wide Sample Handling Range: The sample tower houses injectors for all liquid handling operations. It supports injectors ranging from 500 μL to 10 mL, and larger volumes can be achieved through multiple aspiration/dispense cycles.
- Enhanced Data Stability and Reliability: Leveraging constant flow technology and a fully automated processing process, it significantly enhances data stability and reliability compared to manual operations. Moreover, it can achieve 24/7 continuous sample processing to increase sample throughput.
- Versatile Applications: Suitable for a variety of analytical fields such as environmental and food testing, quality control of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, or other products, drug development, and analysis of biological samples (blood, urine), among others.
- Compatible and Supportive:
- SPE Columns: Compatible with various column types including normal phase, reversed phase, ion exchange, affinity, immunoaffinity, and more.
- SLE Columns: Supports solid-phase extraction (SLE) columns, including silica-based adsorbents and filtration columns.