Q1: What is the impurity capture column?
Answer: In the process of chromatographic separation, especially in the gradient elution or instrument system for a long time, it is easy to produce the chromatographic peak, which is commonly known as Ghost peak. Ghost peaks can occur for many reasons, but in many cases they are caused by impurities in the mobile phase and impurity in the instrument system.
Ghostbuster Column impurity collection Column developed by Welch Materials can effectively adsorb and remove impurities in the system, so as to prevent the interference of impurity peak to the target peak.
Q2: How does the impurity capture column work?
Answer: Ultra Sheild Precolumn devices are available on many types of instruments on the market, mainly for the interception of solid particles, but not for the organic pollutants that cause ghost peaks. Welch carefully research and development of science and technology, developed a to weak polar and nonpolar organic impurities strong adsorption, without changing the composition of mobile phase (do not contain ion pair reagent) packing, to secondary purification equipment and mobile phase, effectively eliminate this kind of pollutants, reduce the rate of ghost peak appeared, prolong the life of chromatographic column and instruments.
Q3: What is the installation and use of the impurity capture column?
Answer: When the impurity collecting column is installed between the injector of the gradient mixer,make sure the column is installed in front of the injector. If installed behind the injector, there will be strong adsorption on the sample.
For the new Column, please use 80% methanol water to flush the ghostbuster Column impurity collection Column at a flow rate of 0.5mL/min for 20 minutes before connecting the equipment for use.
●Not all impurities can be adsorbed by ghostbuster Column impurity capture Column.
● If ion pair reagent is used in mobile phase, it may adsorb ion pair reagent and affect retention time or peak type of target. For such mobile phase conditions, use the column depending on the chromatographic performance.
● The life of impurity trapping column is related to chromatographic analysis conditions, mobile phase brand and its purity. If the capture effect becomes worse, it is recommended to replace it in time. It can not be used indefinitely after being connected.
● Ghostbuster Column impurity Column as a purification widget of the instrument. It is equivalent to the online filter on the instrument, but the online filter can only filter solid particles, and it can not only filter solid particles, but also purify the organic pollutants in the system, which is better protection for the instrument and chromatogram column.
● Before and after the use of buffer salt mobile phase, pay attention to the use of a high proportion of water for transition washing, to avoid buffer salt out, resulting in packing blockage.
● When it is found that the trapping effect of the small column is not ideal, you can try to wash the small column with 100% acetonitrile, and the outlet end of the small column is not connected to the instrument.
Q4: In a gradient system, the impurity trapping column leads to an increase,How does mixing lag volume affect the separation effect?
Answer: Generally, Buster Column impurity capture Column is connected between the mixer and the sampler. The volume of 4.6×50mm is 400μL, which has little influence on the routine detection. If it does, please connect the impurity trap Column to the mixer or the water communication channel before the switching valve.
Q5:To go from gradient to equal degree condition do I have to take it off?
Answer: It is not necessary to remove the mobile phase without affecting the separation effect, because the elution capacity of the mobile phase is the same under the condition of constant degree, so ghost peak cannot be detected generally, but it does not mean that the mobile phase is free of pollutants.
If you have any problem or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org